Tuesday, August 14, 2012
C O M F O R T
Comfort - to live in or escape ?
As humans, comfort is the end goal. We do the things we do to achieve the ultimate sense of opulence. IT is necessary to our survival. As artists, comfort is the enemy. Comfort tells us that we have stopped growing... that the development of our thoughts are complete. Does this mean an artist lives solely in pain + depression? Is every moody bitch honored with the title of 'artist'?
I find myself to be too comfortable and yet painfully uncomfortable. As though the comfort I experience is discomforting. I reject the idea of being too comfortable. However, I do not want to be uncomfortable all the time. I find emotion in a moment of discomfort... the emotion I seem to lack in my waking life. I find emotion in a moment of luxury... a moment that does necessarily require any money at all.
To be an artist, you must feel all emotion and then some. I want to feel emotions like I see colors. Colors are not limited. THEY ARE INFINITE. I'm still going to wear all black , but I never want to feel numb to life.
THE MORE YOU LIVE IN A CERTAIN WAY , THE LESS FREEDOM YOU WILL EXPERIENCE
REPETITION = SENSELESS
xoxo, a! fAB!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment