Everyday when I leave my room, I have two goals for myself. They are simple.
- I must make every stranger I pass say "I don't know who that is, but I want to know."
- I must inspire at least one person to be themselves. I want them to feel okay to be who they are.
My father once called me fake. It was in the car on the way to school my sophomore year of high school. I think it has been permanently inked on my forehead ever since. I even sometimes believe it, but when I go to sleep at night with nothing and nobody around, I know who I am. At the end of the day, I am just an insecure human-being that is trying to learn everything he can about himself for the whole world to see. A free show.
I think it scares people, the fact that I leave my house looking the way I do; the way I leave my house in shorts that cover the bar minimal. It scares me. Yet, I would die if I were to go out looking like everyone around me. My reality is my fantasy. It is my identity. Fantasy runs through my veins. It is my job to further push the lines of what is norm and what is "weird". I must.
✖ ANDREW FABULOUS ✖

No comments:
Post a Comment